Follow me across America!

Follow me across America!
Follow me across America!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Colorful Antigua

Our ship gently berthed in the early morning just before sunrise. After breakfast, Rick and I disembarked and got some great shots of our lovely ship before setting off on our own walking tour of Antigua.
  
  

Skies were azule and the waters were a milky, light Emerald green. If you know me, you know I adore COLOR! Antigua didn't disappoint.
  
Bright, vibrant colors of various shops and homes blended nicely with the old and gave Antigua a very rustic, laid back Caribbean vibe.
  

There was a constant gust of ocean breeze blowing through the streets and into the little cafes and shops. The people seemed friendly and displayed lots of smiles.

The sidewalks were definitely different with step ups of about 3 feet from the street level. A concrete trough ran up and down the streets between the road and sidewalks for excess water drainage and it was a bit tricky to step over them and up onto the sidewalks. 
Weathering gave character to street front homes. 

After hours of walking, Rick and I found a bar back along the dock area. There I sat and worked on my blog, making good use of some free WIFI.

While I worked, Rick disappeared for a bit along the street vendors. Shortly thereafter, he came back and while I was distracted, he placed a little surprise into my backpack. He then slyly asked for something that made me search through my zippered compartments...and look what I found. Inside the pretty, red, wrapped box was a sandal necklace. How wonderful my husband is to me!
  
Our next South American stop would be Recife - South American Cruise 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment