Follow me across America!

Follow me across America!
Follow me across America!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

NASCAR

Hubbie surprised me with a thrill at Homestead Speedway. He bought me a ticket to ride shotgun in a NASCAR.
  
Pit passes in hand, he drove me to the center of the huge open stadium.
  

There I donned a fire suit, neck brace and helmet. The helmet was heavy and the extreme amount of padding on the inside didn't allow me to hear much of anything so hand signals from that point forward.
  
  
Then came the hardest part - figuring out how to climb into an itty-bitty passenger window feet first (door doesn't open) while wearing a neck brace! Not a graceful moment. Once in the passenger seat, I was harnessed in with a thick crisscross seatbelt and my window was "closed" with netting. I could not move anything but my arms and legs. The seat was low and very sculpted to the body with minimal legroom. Felt very confined but too excited to care. 
  
For the next several minutes I experienced G-force curves and speeds up to 160 mph. It was surreal - I could not hear myself shouting with excitement over the engine roar and the padded helmet; my cheeks were uncontrollable in the G forces every time we rounded the curves and I was pinned in my seat with the high speed and safety gear. I was full of adrenaline and my legs were jelly when I climbed out of the car. Awesome! 
  
The day was made complete with lunch at Morada Bay in Key Largo. Thanks my love for such a wonderful day.











No comments:

Post a Comment