Follow me across America!

Follow me across America!
Follow me across America!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Heart Of Every Ship

Fact: any successful company has, at its core, some very talented and gifted employees. 

Being avid cruisers, Rick and I decided that we wanted to see the world...one port at a time.
Along our many nautical miles, we have met some amazing crew members who, over time, become like family members, or what we call our Princess Family. We look forward to seeing them when we join a ship for another voyage and it feels like coming home every time. These folks make their long hours, extra attention to detail and positive attitude look easy. Being a crew member is not easy and not everyone is designed to live a life away from their families and friends at sea. 
Having just completed our 50th cruise with Princess Cruises, Rick and I choose this cruise line above all others for certain reasons - we like their itineraries, we love their loyalty program and we really enjoy their crew. 

On our many voyages, we have learned so much, done so much and seen so much. Believe us when we say that we have witnessed some atrocious, non-provoked behavior by passengers against crew members and it boils our blood. As for me, I come from a long career in customer service so I am so aware of the difficulty of this business. But for the life of me, I still find it hard to understand such rude, unhappy people. I am pleased that Princess Cruises takes customer service very seriously and we see the effort being made by the crew to be exceptional. So Rick and I take extra measures to spread positive energy and show our appreciation to the crew during our many voyages. When we are at home, we enjoy keeping in touch with many of them too.

Unfortunately, Rick and I didn't get photos of all the crew members on our South America trip that we would have liked to. So, "shout outs" to: Anthony Completo from Philippines, Riz from Phillippines, Rosalie Santos from Philippines, Egon Emr from Czech Republic, Drazen Kajkut from Bosnia, Arthur Delosreyes from Philippines and Dennis Camba from Philippines. But we are going to make an extra effort in future cruises to do this and I will give shout outs in my future blog posts as well. Note that some crew photos have already been included in previous posts from our South America trip, so check out my earlier postings. I will include their photos once more in this post (these crew members will have their names already included in their photos).

As for the crew pictures we do have, I introduce (in no specific order):



  Jazzmin Bunag from Philippines


  Shinto from India
  Olga Kiliian from Ukraine
  Edward Ison from Philippines
  Ana from Portugal
  Elizabeth Harvey from Canada
  Alex from Philippines
  Delip from Scotland
  Sayed Nurula from India
  Aleks Stevanovic from Serbia
  Rob Knowles from England
  Steve Bambrick from England
  Aleks Sikima from Serbia
  Thais Puccini from Brazil
  Sheena Aguda from Philippines
  Natasa Dragic from Serbia
  Red Royo from Philippines
Thank you to every crew member on the Crown Princess who made us feel so welcome and so pampered. You keep bringing us back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment