Follow me across America!

Follow me across America!
Follow me across America!

Monday, December 15, 2014

"Do That Thing That You Do So Well" - Ref "D Martini Man" Abutin

The first time we met Ref he was bartending on the Coral Princess in 2013 on a Panama Canal cruise. To see his smiling face again was like coming home. He first entranced us with his card tricks and has since polished his style and absorbed so much more, only enhancing his repetoire for magic and entertaining others.

Ref is from Manilla in the Phillipines, is married and has one daughter. He has been with Princess for 12 years. He goes that extra mile in making passengers laugh, cheer, smile and feel welcome at his bar. Ref makes whole limes and lemons appear out of empty shakers, causes olives to multiply, cuts whole bananas into sections without ever breaking the skin, causes cards to hover and float, plays tricks with sticks...and so much more. His bar can get busy with passerbys and patrons who are caught being mesmerized by his talent.

I asked Ref to give me a short bio about himself and explain what inspires him to take initiative and do more than just serve drinks. Here it is in his own words: "I am a simple bartender who always has a passion when making every single cocktail. I love entertaining and making people happy all the time in my own little way. I am a guy with a big and warm heart and that is why I have many friends around me. Bar tricks are one of my favorite things to do besides making drinks. I love amazing people everytime I perform my tricks."

Click on this blue link to see a video of Ref in action doing that "...thing that you do so well":

Ref "D Martini Man" Abutin
Thanks Ref for the smiles all cruise long.



No comments:

Post a Comment